1. Noahic Covenant
- Separation: In order to renew your covenant with God, you need to ask God about your acquaintances. Will the people surrounding you hinder you from attaining the blessings of God? The need for separation is necessary so that God can take the first place. We need to separate ourselves even from our local environment and positions of residence.
- Obedience is key when it comes to establishing a covenant with God. We need to take stock of our acquaintances since we cannot enjoy the blessings of the covenants with God since they will be sucking the blessings of God upon our lives. Abraham had to obey and separated himself from these people and thus his blessings stretched to our generation.
- Alignment: We need not align ourselves with the wrong people and wrong places. These will drain our spirit and anointing. Every wrong character should be checked out of our lives so that we can be able to enjoy the Lord’s blessings unhindered. It is necessary for believers to align themselves with the Lord by abiding in Him.
- Believe: We need to believe in our God. Abraham believed what the Lord said
and he was rewarded.
After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward." But Abram said, "Lord GOD, what will You give me, seeing I go childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?" Then Abram said, "Look, You have given me no offspring; indeed one born in my house is my heir!" And behold, the word of the LORD came to him, saying, "This one shall not be your heir, but one who will come from your own body shall be your heir." Then He brought him outside and said, "Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants be." And he believed in the LORD, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.
- Clarify: Clarify with God on what you are committing yourself with. Abraham
went to the Lord for clarification. He wanted to get a clear picture of the
facts regarding God’s covenant.
Acts 7:1-44 distinctly elaborates on this issue.
Everyone desires an assurance from our partners and spouses. We make marriage covenants and we need to stand and abide by them through assurance to our partners and children. We must learn to tell others how we love them in order for covenants to hold water.
- Attitude: David’s covenant with God teaches us that David had a positive
attitude into building for God and thus God made a house for David through
We need to commit and have a positive attitude to allow God rule over our lives. When we submit, He is able to give us more.
- Thankfulness: Covenant people are always thankful.
The Bible tells us about the establishment of a new covenant. We need to know the benefits of this new covenant established through the blood of Jesus Christ to all believers.
But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels. For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious. Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech -- unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
"Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah - "not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD."But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. "No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."
For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
a. The new covenant has made us children of God.
The new covenant has made us heirs with Christ and thus we are able to enjoy birthright blessings and benefits.
Listen, my beloved brethren: has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?
c. We are a chosen Generation
1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
d. Bride of Christ
2 Corinthians 11:2
For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
e. Body of Christ
1 Corinthians 12:12
For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free--and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.
-- Pastor Mary Mugo.
11/04/14 Sunday service sermon.
Pastor Mary Mugo is the Administrative Pastor at Africa Transformation Mission, a ministry under Christ Harvesters Ministries.